Mission Statement

This Blog is set up to feed every hungry persons desire to eat. You will find great new and interesting concoctions created by Nicholas Spadaro to try for yourself at home. You can also receive great advice on who has the best cakes to who has the spiciest jalapeno's. Through my Journey of New York City I will be experiencing many new different foods and getting inspirations for my own creations, as being a broke college student with quite the hefty pallet, to share with everyone. Please check your Taste Buds at the door and take a seat. I hope that with all this knowledge and your feedback I will one day be able to create a Menu at my own restaurant Munchies, under my head corporation (DaNick inc.) with my brother Daniel. Enjoy ; )

Nicholas Spadaro

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Faux Grilled Chicken McDonalds Crispy Sandwich

Okay everyone so I know it has been a little while, what can I say I have been preoccupied. So the other day me and Lin Lui went into McDonald's because she wanted some salty fries to ease her stomach after vomiting from too much wine, go figure. I was to broke to buy anything and on our way out I saw some guy eating a delicious crispy chicken sandwich. Me and Lin Lui said, "Damn that shit looks real good" So I got to thinking why not make our own version in a healthier way. The ingredients: Two pieces of whole wheat bread, Hummus, Black Beans, BBQ Sauce, Grilled Chicken, Lettuce, and Cheese. First cook your chicken to your liking, I believe me and Lin Lui added some BBQ sauce and hot sauce for a good spicy marination. At the end make sure to place two to three pieces of provolone cheese to melt onto your chicken. While that's cooking put your black beans on the stove. I used a can of Goya Black Beans, and place them in a pot with some water, olive oil, and an array of spices for flavoring. Next toast your wheat bread to your liking, I prefer mine nice and crispy almost to the point of burnt. After everything is done cooking now is the assembling. Spread your hummus on both sides of the wheat bread, any type of hummus will do we used plain. Next you want to take your black beans while they are still hot and soft, and smash them flat onto the the hummus so they combine almost. I suggest using the back end of a spoon for expert smashing. Then place your chicken on the sandwich and drizzle some BBQ sauce over the cheesy chicken. Top it off with some crisp fresh lettuce and the other piece of wheat bread and......BAM an alternative to a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment