Mission Statement

This Blog is set up to feed every hungry persons desire to eat. You will find great new and interesting concoctions created by Nicholas Spadaro to try for yourself at home. You can also receive great advice on who has the best cakes to who has the spiciest jalapeno's. Through my Journey of New York City I will be experiencing many new different foods and getting inspirations for my own creations, as being a broke college student with quite the hefty pallet, to share with everyone. Please check your Taste Buds at the door and take a seat. I hope that with all this knowledge and your feedback I will one day be able to create a Menu at my own restaurant Munchies, under my head corporation (DaNick inc.) with my brother Daniel. Enjoy ; )

Nicholas Spadaro

Monday, February 1, 2010

Saucy Soy Sauce Chicken

Good evening all my many readers out there.....I wish. So tonight I cooked a very wonderful dinner if I do say so myself. I basically have no food in my apartment, and was really hungry so instead of cooking the same old bland chicken I decided to add a little pizazz to Il mio pollo. I took a piece of chicken out of the freezer and defrosted it in my shitty microwave. I say it's shitty because the defrost does not work and I have to cook it for about 8 mins to get it soft. Then I placed my softened chicken in a bowl and added some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Pepper, Salt, and a lot of SOY SAUCE. I decided to let this sit while I went to jump in the shower. Normally I would like for this to sit over night and let the chicken really soak in the flavor, but hey I wasn't thinking that ahead. After my relaxing shower I started to cook. I placed my chickens in a pan with some olive oil in the pan first and placed my burner on low, not high. In the past I have learned that if too high the olive oil will shoot out at you and trust me it BURNS. While I let my chicken cook slowly, I thought for some good side dishes I would make Brown rice and some Black Goya Beans. For the beans, I through in a pot some olive oil, water, salt and some seasonings. I placed the burner on high and just tasted my beans until nice and soft....yum. As for the rice, it came in a bag and all I had to do was place it in a pot of boiling water and let the rice absorb the water. Afterwards I placed the rice in beans together in a bowl and added some SOY SAUCE. While doing all this I made sure to watch my chicken and flip them accordingly. Everything turned out delicious......and Kelly Ann was very impressed with the flavor, can't wait to eat the left overs for lunch tomorrow. Enjoy ; )

1 comment:

  1. try adding some lemon too oh
    or soy sauce marinade with honey and bbq sauce, and you've got korean/filipino bbq chicken. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete